By Apple Computer Inc.
This is often the professional consultant and reference for Apple's new rapid programming language, intended in its place for the Objective-C programming language.
This booklet is freely on hand yet calls for iTunes or iBooks to be able to obtain. I'm importing this for an individual who desires easy access to the publication to be used on different interpreting devices.
Swift is a brand new programming language for growing iOS and OS X apps. rapid builds at the better of C and Objective-C, with no the restrictions of C compatibility. rapid adopts secure programming styles and provides glossy beneficial properties to make programming more straightforward, extra versatile, and extra enjoyable. Swift’s fresh slate, sponsored via the mature and much-loved Cocoa and Cocoa contact frameworks, is a chance to reimagine how software program improvement works.
This publication provides:
- A journey of the language.
- an in depth consultant delving into every one language feature.
- a proper reference for the language.
By Andrew Burgess
Understand Backbone.js pragmatically through construction seven assorted purposes from scratch
About This Book
- Gain insights into the internal operating of spine to leverage it better
- Exploit spine mixed with the gains of a Node powered server
- Learn the best way to construct seven step by step frontend applications
Who This booklet Is For
What you'll Learn
- Discover seven other ways to create your individual frontend Backbone.js applications
- Create advanced interfaces whereas maintaining the code adaptable via spine Views
- Control your purposes' displays with simplicity via a spine router
- Utilize Marionette and Chaplin, the spine extension frameworks
- Build a Node.js server to regulate the versions your frontend program sends to it and requests from it
- Work with templates that deal with the heavy lifting of your view
- Precompile your view for additional efficiency
- Use spine extension libraries to create powerful functions with much less coding
Learn easy methods to practice information research with the R language and software program atmosphere, no matter if you have got very little programming adventure. With the tutorials during this hands-on consultant, you’ll easy methods to use the basic R instruments you want to comprehend to research facts, together with info kinds and programming concepts.
The moment half Learning R indicates you genuine info research in motion via masking every thing from uploading info to publishing your effects. each one bankruptcy within the booklet features a quiz on what you’ve discovered, and concludes with workouts, such a lot of which contain writing R code.
- Write an easy R application, and realize what the language can do
- Use information forms corresponding to vectors, arrays, lists, info frames, and strings
- Execute code conditionally or many times with branches and loops
- Apply R add-on programs, and package deal your individual paintings for others
- Learn tips to fresh facts you import from various sources
- Understand facts via visualization and precis statistics
- Use statistical versions to cross quantitative judgments approximately info and make predictions
- Learn what to do whilst issues get it wrong whereas writing information research code
By Andrew Phillips
Scala Puzzlers is a set of enigmatic Scala code examples that behave hugely opposite to expectancies and should entertain and enlighten even the main entire Scala developer. problem your Scala instinct, then deal with your self to a revealing rationalization of the explanations underlying the code's genuine habit that might offer vital and infrequently primary insights into Scala. prepare for a enjoyable trip that might take you additional down the line to Scala mastery!
By Damian Conway
Many programmers code via intuition, hoping on handy conduct or a "style" they picked up early on. they don't seem to be aware of all of the offerings they make, like how they layout their resource, the names they use for variables, or the categories of loops they use. they are targeted totally on difficulties they're fixing, ideas they're growing, and algorithms they're enforcing. so that they write code within the manner that turns out typical, that occurs intuitively, and that feels good.
But in case you are excited about your occupation, instinct isn't really sufficient. Perl most sensible Practices writer Damian Conway explains that principles, conventions, criteria, and practices not just aid programmers speak and coordinate with each other, additionally they offer a competent framework for considering difficulties, and a standard language for expressing ideas. this is often particularly severe in Perl, as the language is designed to provide many ways to complete a similar job, and for that reason it helps many incompatible dialects.
With an exceptional dose of Aussie humor, Dr. Conway (familiar to many within the Perl group) deals 256 instructions at the paintings of coding that can assist you write higher Perl code--in truth, the easiest Perl code you can. the tips disguise code structure, naming conventions, number of info and keep watch over buildings, software decomposition, interface layout and implementation, modularity, item orientation, errors dealing with, checking out, and debugging.
They're designed to interact to supply code that's transparent, strong, effective, maintainable, and concise, yet Dr. Conway does not fake that this is often the single real common and unequivocal set of most sensible practices. in its place, Perl most sensible Practices bargains coherent and largely acceptable feedback in keeping with real-world adventure of ways code is absolutely written, instead of on a persons ivory-tower theories on howsoftware must be created.
Most of all, Perl top Practices deals directions that truly paintings, and that many builders around the globe are already utilizing. very like Perl itself, those directions are approximately supporting you to get your task performed, with no moving into the way.
Praise for Perl most sensible Practices from Perl group members:
"As a supervisor of a big Perl venture, i would make sure that each member of my group has a duplicate of Perl top Practices on their table, and use it because the foundation for an in-house variety guide."-- Randal Schwartz
"There are not any extra excuses for writing undesirable Perl courses. All degrees of Perl programmer could be extra efficient after examining this book."-- Peter Scott
"Perl most sensible Practices could be the subsequent immense very important booklet within the evolution of Perl. the tips and practices Damian lays down may help convey Perl out from lower than the embarrassing heading of "scripting languages". many people have recognized Perl is a true programming language, important of the entire projects typically delegated to Java and C++. With Perl top Practices, Damian indicates in particular how and why, so each person else can see, too."-- Andy Lester
"Damian's performed what many concept most unlikely: exhibit find out how to construct huge, maintainable Perl functions, whereas nonetheless letting Perl be the strong, expressive language that programmers have enjoyed for years."-- invoice Odom
"Finally, a method to convey lasting order to the method and manufactured from actual Perl improvement teams."-- Andrew Sundstrom
"Perl most sensible Practices presents a helpful schooling in the best way to write powerful, maintainable Perl, and is a definitive quotation resource whilst training different programmers."-- Bennett Todd"I've been educating Perl for years, and locate an analogous query retains being requested: the place am i able to discover a reference for writing reusable, maintainable Perl code? ultimately i've got a good answer."-- Paul Fenwick"At final a good researched, good thought-out, entire advisor to Perl sort. rather than every one folks constructing our personal, we will examine strong practices from certainly one of Perl's such a lot prolific and skilled authors. i like to recommend this ebook to someone who prefers getting on with the task instead of going again and solving mistakes as a result of syntax and terrible type issues."-- Jacinta Richardson"If you care approximately programming in any language learn this booklet. whether you do not intend to persist with all the practices, considering via your variety will increase it."-- Steven Lembark"The Perl community's most sensible writer is again with one other awesome ebook. There hasn't ever been a entire reference on prime quality Perl coding and magnificence till Perl most sensible Practices. This booklet fills a wide hole in each Perl bookshelf."-- Uri Guttman
By Erik Hellman
Unleash the facility of the Android OS and construct the types of superb, cutting edge apps clients like to use
If you realize your approach round the Android OS and will construct an easy Android app in lower than an hour, this publication is for you. If you’re itching to determine simply how a long way you could push it and become aware of what Android is de facto able to, it’s for you. And if you’re able to methods to construct complicated, intuitive, leading edge apps which are a blast to take advantage of, this e-book is definitely for you.
From customized perspectives and complex multi-touch gestures, to integrating on-line internet companies and exploiting the newest geofencing and task acceptance beneficial properties, ace Android developer, Erik Hellman, grants specialist suggestions, tips and little-known innovations for pushing the Android envelope so that you can:
- Optimize your parts for the smoothest consumer adventure possible
- Create your personal customized Views
- Push the bounds of the Android SDK
- Master Android Studio and Gradle
- Make optimum use of the Android audio, video and pictures APIs
- Program in Text-To-Speech and Speech Recognition
- Make the main of the hot Android maps and site API
- Use Android connectivity applied sciences to speak with distant devices
- Perform heritage processing
- Use Android cryptography APIs
- Find and adequately use hidden Android APIs
- Cloud-enable your functions with Google Play Services
- Distribute and promote your functions on Google Play Store
Learn the best way to unharness the facility of Android and rework your apps from stable to nice in Android Programming: Pushing the Limits.
By Philip Chu
Harmony is an extremely robust and well known online game production device, and team spirit four brings much more nice positive aspects, together with Mechanim animation. Learn team spirit four for iOS online game Development will aid you use solidarity with Xcode to create enjoyable, creative 3D video games for iPhone, iPad, and iPod contact. you will how to optimize your online game for either velocity and caliber, the right way to try out and profile your online game, and the way to get the main from your iOS machine positive aspects, together with the gyroscope and accelerometer.
you are going to additionally methods to include the newest online game heart advancements in iOS 6 into your online game, tips to be sure your online game will get into the App shop, or even tips on how to advertise your app and music revenue.
when you have a good 3D video game concept, and also you need to make it a truth within the App shop, then Learn team spirit four for iOS online game Development has precisely what you need.
By Max Kanat-Alexander
Whether you are a junior programmer, senior software program engineer, or non-technical supervisor, you are going to find out how to create a valid plan to your software program undertaking, and make higher judgements in regards to the development and constitution of your system.
- Learn what differentiates nice programmers from terrible programmers
- Understand the final word objective of software program and the pursuits of fine software program design
- Determine the price of your judgements now and within the future
- Examine real-world examples that show how a procedure alterations over time
- Learn to permit for the main swap within the atmosphere with the least swap within the software
- Make more uncomplicated alterations sooner or later via preserving your code easier now
- Understand why to jot down exams and what exams to write
By Jesse Stay
A enjoyable and straightforward consultant to making the following nice fb app!
Want to construct the following runaway fb app like Farmville or Mafia Wars? attracted to leveraging fb app improvement as a part of a business plan? even if you need to construct your individual fb app from scratch, expand an present fb app, or create a video game, this e-book will get you up and working very quickly. grasp the fb toolkit, get accustomed to the fb Markup and question languages, navigate the fb API—even the right way to generate income along with your new app!
- Shows you the way to construct the following nice fb program with simply uncomplicated HTML and scripting skills
- Delves into what makes an exceptional app and what makes a profitable app
- Explores how one can create fb apps for advertising and viral achieve, growing apps that may earn cash, and fb video game development
- Reviews the fb toolkit and will get you all started with the My First fb application
- Covers fb Markup and question languages, navigating the fb API, and the way to create a compelling interface
Create the following killer fb app with this approachable, enjoyable guide!
By David Powers
Beginning CSS3 teaches you ways to kind web content utilizing Cascading sort Sheets (CSS)―the language of website design. ranging from first ideas, you’ll study via a sequence of functional routines how one can switch the default glance of HTML tags, including colour, backgrounds, and borders. The e-book demystifies middle strategies, akin to the CSS field version and selectors, providing you with the arrogance and information to create cutting edge and versatile web page layouts. You’ll additionally methods to create rounded corners, drop shadows, and gradients with no the necessity for photographs, utilizing the most recent CSS3 thoughts.