The target of the Encyclopedia of Optimization is to introduce the reader to an entire set of issues that convey the spectrum of analysis, the richness of principles, and the breadth of purposes that has come from this box. the second one version builds at the luck of the previous version with greater than one hundred fifty thoroughly new entries, designed to make sure that the reference addresses contemporary components the place optimization theories and methods have complicated. rather heavy cognizance ended in healthiness technology and transportation, with entries resembling "Algorithms for Genomics", "Optimization and Radiotherapy therapy Design", and "Crew Scheduling".
The writer examines traditional mess ups round the Pacific Rim all through heritage including medical facts context to provide enlightening―and hugely readable―entries.
• positive aspects nearly a hundred alphabetically prepared entries with insights into particular failures, expertise, key geographic positive factors of the world, major humans, cultural ideals, and more
• features a normal advent and evaluate of the geography and tectonic job within the Pacific Rim countries
• bargains either old and medical info
• Explains complicated average phenomena and medical options utilizing nontechnical language and transparent illustrations
• offers suitable cross-references to comparable themes in addition to to articles, books, and internet sites that supply extra information
This encyclopedia provides teens with trustworthy, independent details at the world's religions, from precedent days onwards. This revised version covers all of the significant and minor religions of the realm, together with these of the traditional global.
RF and Microwave Engineering is likely one of the quickest progress parts of the earlier decade and should most likely stay a really energetic sector of study and alertness in a wide number of fields. The six quantity set of Encyclopedia of RF and Microwave Engineering illustrates how this box has been the major to permitting know-how accountable for the exceptional progress of instant communications. This set additionally examines how RF and microwave engineering maintains to have nice impact because the know-how in the back of such vital purposes as radar, distant sensing, handheld remote control, sensors, navigation, surveillance, digital conflict, radiometers, plasma learn, and imaging.
AAP Awards for Excellence in specialist and Scholarly Publishing, 2006
By Carole Stott
There are literally thousands of stars within the sky and thousands of items to profit in regards to the universe, and One Million issues: Space serves up imagery and knowledge approximately all issues cosmic: from planets, moons, and comets, to black holes, nebulae, far-off sun structures, and extra.
By Don D'Ammassa
The recent Literary hobbies sequence examines the main influential literary routine in background. Pulling jointly the folks, occasions, and works that outlined each one person circulate, those A-to-Z references create a transparent, shiny photograph of ways literature used to be shaped inside those genres or time sessions. providing 1000s of entries, every one compelling encyclopedia info writers and affects, works and characters, locations, ancient occasions, figures, phrases, and masses extra, offering a finished source for prime college and faculty literature scholars. Spanning the numerous works and writers of the Harlem Literary Renaissance and the Chicago Literary Renaissance in addition to the huge spectrum comprising Gothic literature, technology fiction, and pulp fiction writers, the Literary activities sequence completely lines every one flow and its improvement.
TRIBOLOGY – the research of friction, put on and lubrication – affects nearly each element of our day-by-day lives. The Springer Encyclopedia of Tribology is an authoritative and entire reference overlaying all significant points of the technology and engineering of tribology which are correct to researchers throughout all engineering industries and similar medical disciplines. this is often the 1st significant reference that brings jointly the technological know-how, engineering and technological points of tribology of this breadth and scope in one paintings. built and written via prime specialists within the box, the Springer Encyclopedia of Tribology covers the basics in addition to complex functions throughout fabric kinds, varied size and time scales, and encompassing a variety of engineering purposes and applied sciences. interesting new parts corresponding to nanotribology, tribochemistry and biotribology have additionally been integrated. As a six-volume set, the Springer Encyclopedia of Tribology includes 1630 entries written by way of authoritative specialists in every one topic region, less than the information of a global panel of key researchers from academia, nationwide laboratories and undefined. With alphabetically-arranged entries, suggestion diagrams and cross-linking positive aspects, this entire paintings presents easy accessibility to crucial info for either researchers and working towards engineers within the fields of engineering (aerospace, car, biomedical, chemical, electric, and mechanical) in addition to fabrics technological know-how, physics, and chemistry.
By Immanuel Ness
This definitive 8-volume reference is a complete print source masking the historical past of protest and revolution over the last 500 years – through the sleek period of mass routine. for additional info see www.revolutionprotestencyclopedia.com.
* Definitive reference paintings at the function of well known organisation in reworking the area during which we live
* First historic encyclopedia to supply students and lecturers and scholars with the data they should comprehend the position and importance and starting place of protest and revolution from 1500 to the present
* 8-volume significant reference in A-Z layout, with entries starting from 500 to 14,000 words
* presents transparent, concise reasons of occasions and bigger social hobbies, and biographies of key people
* offers significant uprisings and protest pursuits, and the tips, ideologies and activists that propelled them, chronicles the way during which they opened up, strains their roots, objectives, strategies, and effect, and evaluates their successes and failures
* the world over varied editorial board and contributors
* comprises over one hundred fifty pictures, figures, and maps
An on-line electronic version is additionally to be had (ISBN 978-1-4051-9807-3). as well as the beneficial properties of the print model, the net model provides:* average revisions and new entries – up-to-date as soon as a year
* hyperlinks to entire assortment via Blackwell Reference online
* hyperlinks to different assets to be had at the web
* strong looking out, searching, and cross-referencing features, together with Open URL linking
Based at the acclaimed print sequence, Grzimek's Animal existence Encyclopedia, 2d Ed., this new complete colour quantity covers evolution intimately. Written for college kids and basic researchers, Grzimek's: Evolution explores its subject from a systematic perspective. all of the 36 entries used to be written through a nationally popular expert and peer-reviewed through an article of educational specialists focusing on evolutionary thought.
By Julie McDowell
This encyclopedia offers a concise but complete creation to every of the structures of the human physique, exploring all eleven organ platforms of the human physique: the circulatory, digestive, endocrine, integumentary, lymphatic, muscular, fearful, reproductive, respiration, skeletal, and urinary platforms. every one bankruptcy contains distinctive descriptions of significant physiological techniques, cellphone and tissue forms, in addition to the organs and their roles in the higher process. specified cognizance is usually given to the ways that those platforms have interaction. Written in available prose, this article is an easy-to-understand reference for lay readers of any age and an excellent source for any highschool health and wellbeing curriculum.