By Kristina Ellis
How ANY student--including YOU!--can win scholarships and earn unfastened funds for college!
On the 1st day of highschool, Kristina Ellis's mom--a unmarried, operating mom who misplaced her husband to cancer--informed her that she couldn't financially aid her after commencement. Kristina would have to locate her personal strategy to pay for college.
As a regular pupil with less-than-impressive attempt ratings, Kristina learned she must promote herself to scholarship committees if she desired to stand out. that is while she devised the plan that ended in her receiving over $500,000 in scholarships--enough to pay for her complete schooling at a most sensible- 20 college, all through her doctoral measure, and make her desires come true.
How she made it happen--and how one can too!--is the point of interest of this booklet. In Confessions of a Scholarship Winner, Kristina stocks not only her little-known secrets and techniques for scholarship good fortune yet her enormously inspiring story.
Together, you will discover how to:
You do not need to be a celeb athlete, a most sensible scholar, or a well-known chief to stay your desires! listed here are the instruments you want to seize a imaginative and prescient in your destiny and make your desires a reality!
"Kristina Ellis's tale is actually inspiring. And the 'insider' info she provides during this e-book is simply as motivating. if you are trying to find nice rules and easy-to-follow suggestion from an individual who has already blazed the scholarship path, Kristina Ellis is the alternative. Confessions of a Scholarship Winner is the single ebook you will have for growing your personal route to success."
--Curt Jones, Founder CEO, Dippin' Dots Ice Cream
"I want I have been given a duplicate of this booklet in excessive school-- what a major source for adolescents! Now every body will remember the fact that going to varsity relatively does not need to depart you or your loved ones in debt for years. scholars and oldsters alike have to learn Confessions of a Scholarship Winner!
--Brenna Mader, leave out Tennessee USA
"Confessions of a Scholarship Winner is an exquisite source for somebody who desires to examine extra in regards to the university financial-aid and scholarship method for attending a faculty or college. Kristina's own tale is either compelling and available, and her transparent, considerate writing is helping makes this an imperative source for the college-bound student."
--Dr. Thomas Burns, Provost, Belmont collage
"I love this easy-to-follow consultant for locating and profitable scholarships. Confessions of a Scholarship Winner is choked with info, but it really is provided so good that it is not intimidating. it is a quick learn and straightforward to enforce. Homeschool.com hugely recommends it."
--Rebecca Kochenderfer, Senior Editor and Co-Founder, Homeschool.com, Inc.
Complete instruction for the Graduate administration Admission try out starts with an summary and creation to the GMAT, that's a computer-adaptive try out. A diagnostic try out with solutions precedes an in depth "Correct Your Weaknesses" part, which offers separate chapters on essay writing, analyzing comprehension, sentence correction, serious reasoning, and math. full-length perform exams with questions that mirror fresh GMATs include solutions, analyses, and instructions for comparing the try taker's rating. The manual's concluding part discusses enterprise tuition fundamentals, with suggestion on identifying a faculty, dealing with the applying technique, financing a company tuition schooling, and getting into the task marketplace.
By Derek Haylock
This much-loved textbook has been totally revised and up-to-date to take account of the recent basic Curriculum, which used to be made statutory in 2010 and should learn in basic colleges starting September 2011. the hot variation may be a important source for brand new fundamental academics as they organize to educate this curriculum.
Some of the adjustments within the new version comprise the following:
- New chapters on key rules and key approaches in basic mathematics
- Reordering of the chapters to provide extra prominence to utilizing and using mathematics
- Further fabric on graphs within the bankruptcy on coordinates and linear relationships
- References all through to the recent fundamental Curriculum
- Research concentration in each chapter
- Updating of feedback for extra reading
- More discursive solutions to a few of the self-assessment questions
- A significant other site supplying a accomplished word list and extra fabric to allow fundamental trainees to arrange with self assurance for the ITT Numeracy test
- A better half scholar Workbook available to buy, supplying extra self-assessment examples for checking knowing, for utilizing and using arithmetic, and for instructing and learning
Extensively used on fundamental PGCE classes and undergraduate classes resulting in QTS, this booklet is a vital source for all new basic teachers.
By Jonathan Kozol
For 2 years, starting in 1988, Jonathan Kozol visited colleges in neighborhoods around the kingdom, from Illinois to Washington D.C., and from long island to San Antonio. He spoke with lecturers, principals, superintendents, and, most crucial, teenagers. What he came across was once devastating. not just have been colleges for wealthy and bad blatantly unequal, the gulf among the 2 extremes was once widening—and it has widened considering. The city faculties he visited have been overcrowded and understaffed, and lacked the fundamental parts of learning—including books and, all too frequently, school rooms for the students.
In Savage Inequalities, Kozol grants a searing exam of the extremes of wealth and poverty and calls into query the truth of equivalent chance in our nation’s faculties.
By Lisa Lillien
Finally . . . a real-world consultant to help you navigate the grocery store and top off on guilt-free meals, from mealtime must-haves to snack reveals and extra! it really is Hungry Girl's final source for grocery-store survival---a must-own handbook that makes buying better-for-you meals effortless and enjoyable! inside of you will find:
* HG All-Stars and grocery-store standouts!
* Calorie counts and comparisons for meals in each aisle
* Guilt-free meal rules and snack suggestions for each yearning and situation!
* Easy-to-digest information approximately foodstuff labels and factor lists
* HG's entire grocery store record with aisle-by-aisle foodstuff finds
Hungry Girl's amazingly entire grocery store advisor is your key to guilt-free purchasing, consuming, and living!
By Allison Zmuda, Diane Ullman, Greg Curtis
A real-world motion plan for educators to create customized studying experiences
Learning customized: The Evolution of the modern Classroom presents lecturers, directors, and academic leaders with a transparent and sensible consultant to personalised learning.Written via revered academics and major academic experts Allison Zmuda, Greg Curtis, and Diane Ullman, this entire source explores what custom-made studying seems like, the way it alterations the jobs and obligations of each stakeholder, and why it evokes innovation. The authors clarify that, which will create powerful custom-made studying studies, a brand new tutorial layout is needed that's dependent loosely at the conventional version of apprenticeship: studying via doing.
Learning Personalized demanding situations educators to reconsider the basic ideas of education that honors students' usual willingness to play, challenge clear up, fail, re-imagine, and share.This groundbreaking resource:
• Explores the weather of custom-made studying and gives a framework to accomplish it
• offers a roadmap for enrolling proper stakeholders to create a personalised studying imaginative and prescient and re-imagine new roles and responsibilities
• Addresses wishes and offers information particular to the task descriptions of assorted kinds of educators, directors, and different staff
This priceless academic source explores an easy framework for customized studying: co-creation, suggestions, sharing, and studying that's as robust for a instructor to think again school room perform because it is for a curriculum director to reexamine the constitution of courses.
PROUD player IN THE GED® writer PROGRAM!*
Get the assistance you must ace the try out and earn your GED credential with 2 full-length perform assessments, content material studies which are a hundred% aligned with GED attempt targets, and additional perform on-line.
Techniques that really Work.
• crucial recommendations that can assist you paintings smarter, no longer harder
• Customizable research "road maps" that can assist you create a transparent plan of attack
• professional strategies to aid enhance your writing for the prolonged reaction prompts
Everything you want to comprehend to aid in achieving a excessive Score.
• entire assurance of Reasoning via Language Arts, Mathematical Reasoning, technology, and Social Studies
• Guided classes with pattern questions for all confirmed topics
• transparent guide at the computer-based query formats
Practice Your method to Excellence.
• 2 full-length perform tests with exact solution explanations
• perform drills for all 4 try out subjects
• Over 350 extra multiple-choice questions on-line, geared up by way of subject
• 20% at the GED prepared: The professional perform Test
Plus! Bonus on-line beneficial properties:
• Multiple-choice perform questions in all four try out subjects
• Tutorials to assist strengthen your portraits and studying comprehension skills
• Insider information from admissions counselors at the GED attempt and faculty success
• customized printable solution sheets for the in-book perform tests
*Proud player within the GED® writer software! This new software acknowledges content material from publishers whose fabrics meet a hundred% of GED attempt goals at an issue point. popularity into this system lets you be sure Cracking the GED try covers content material you’ll truly see at the examination.
By Kieran Egan
For generations, colleges have aimed to introduce scholars to a huge variety of issues via curriculum that make sure that they'll a minimum of have a few acquaintance with such a lot components of human wisdom by the point they graduate. but such wide wisdom can’t support yet be just a little superficial—and, as Kieran Egan argues, it omits a very important point of real schooling: deep knowledge.
Real schooling, Egan explains, contains either common wisdom and targeted knowing, and in Learning in Depth he outlines an bold but functional plan to include deep wisdom into easy schooling. less than Egan’s software, scholars will stick with the standard curriculum, yet with one the most important addition: starting with their first days of faculty and carrying on with till commencement, they'll eachalso examine one topic—such as apples, birds, sacred buildings, mollusks,circuses, or stars—in intensity. through the years, with the assistance and advice in their supervising instructor, scholars will extend their figuring out in their one subject and construct portfolios of data that develop and alter in addition to them. by the point they graduate every one scholar will be aware of as a lot approximately his or her subject as nearly a person on earth—and within the technique may have discovered vital, even life-changing classes in regards to the which means of craftsmanship, the price of commitment, and the satisfaction of understanding whatever in depth.
Though Egan’s application will be radical in its results, it really is strikingly basic to implement—as a few faculties have already discovered—and with Learning in Depth as a blueprint, mom and dad, educators, and directors can immediately commence taking the 1st steps towards remodeling our faculties and essentially deepening their scholars’ minds.
Over 70 recipes to create net providers, construct message-based apps, and paintings with object-relational mapping
About This Book
- Create quick, testable, maintainable internet APIs utilizing the fully-featured framework in .NET
- Integrate ServiceStack so as to add velocity and straightforwardness for your net applications
- Step-by-step recipes that concentrate on fixing real-world difficulties utilizing ServiceStack
Who This publication Is For
If you're a .NET developer who's searching for a less complicated method to construct companies, this is often the ebook for you. it's going to enable you to write quick, maintainable APIs which are a excitement to take advantage of and continue ranging from the database to the customer and every little thing in-between.
What you'll Learn
- Quickly create quick, testable, and maintainable net companies with ServiceStack
- Integrate ServiceStack with current ASP.NET frameworks reminiscent of MVC and SignalR
- Render HTML utilizing Razor and MarkDown together with your ServiceStack services
- Implement unit and integration trying out in your net API to reinforce caliber and compatibility
- Work along with your SQL database of selection utilizing ServiceStack's ORM, OrmLite
- Leverage the rate of Redis to scale your net API
Building net prone is a posh job as each language and framework has its personal structure, which isn't effortless to research. ServiceStack makes it effortless to create internet providers and construct applications.
This publication covers a variety of subject matters from easy improvement and preliminary setup utilizing the ServiceStack framework to extra complicated thoughts comparable to integration with different renowned .NET frameworks. it's going to provide help to construct your prone and also will allow you to ascertain your internet API's caliber with step by step recipes that express you strong unit trying out and integration checking out styles. additionally, you will entry your SQL database with pace and straightforwardness utilizing ServiceStack's object-relational mapping framework, OrmLite.
By Susan R. Pierce, Stephen Trachtenberg
Governance Reconsidered: How forums, Presidents, directors, and school can assist Their schools Thrive takes an in-depth examine the present perform of governance in greater schooling and explores suggestions for greater functioning. Written by means of a former university president, the publication presents an insider's point of view at the turning out to be tensions round the conventional shared governance version and identifies the major demanding situations dealing with trustees, presidents, senior directors, and faculty.
Traditional shared governance operations are usually time-consuming, process-laden, and sluggish to answer the inner and exterior forces appearing upon sleek academic associations. better schooling is dealing with expanding political and financial strain, and senior management often wishes the flexibleness to make institutional judgements speedy. utilizing contemporary public scandals as examples, Governance Reconsidered illustrates how the stress among the necessity for well timed judgements and motion as opposed to the significance of undertaking and educational caliber is making a dramatic systemic challenge. The ebook presents functional recommendation at the concerns on the middle of the problem, including:
- the character and speed of swap on campus, together with the pressures dealing with better education
- readability concerning the roles and tasks of trustees, the president, and the faculty
- The campus community's function in decision-making activities
- How thriving universities can govern collaboratively
- The ebook additionally addresses the new demanding situations that impact better schooling governance, together with MOOCs, on-line studying, and emerging questions on worth and price.
Campus leaders needs to interact successfully to spice up greater schooling, and Governance Reconsidered comprises the questions and solutions necessary to imposing powerful governance.