By Steven Halim, Felix Halim
This ebook features a selection of appropriate info buildings, algorithms, and programming suggestions written for college scholars who are looking to be extra aggressive within the ACM foreign Collegiate Programming Contest (ICPC), highschool scholars who're desiring to be aggressive within the overseas Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), coaches for those competitions, those that love challenge fixing utilizing computing device courses, and those that opt for interviews in huge IT-companies.
By Roberto Ierusalimschy
Lua is the language of selection for an individual who wishes a scripting language that's uncomplicated, effective, extensible, transportable, and loose. at the moment, Lua is getting used in parts starting from embedded platforms to net improvement and is largely unfold within the video game undefined, the place wisdom of Lua is an undeniable asset. "Programming in Lua" is the reputable ebook in regards to the language, giving an excellent base for any programmer who desires to use Lua. Authored by way of Roberto Ierusalimschy, the manager architect of the language, it covers all points of Lua 5---from the fundamentals to its API with C---explaining the right way to make reliable use of its gains and giving various code examples. "Programming in Lua" is focused at individuals with a few programming historical past, yet doesn't suppose any earlier wisdom approximately Lua or different scripting languages. This moment variation updates the textual content to Lua 5.1 and brings huge new fabric, together with a variety of new examples, an in depth rationalization of the recent module approach, and new chapters headquartered on a number of states and rubbish assortment.
By Cecil Costa
Sharpen your abilities in speedy via designing and deploying seven totally practical applications
About This Book
- Develop a number of iOS-compatible purposes that diversity from future health and health to utilities utilizing this project-based handbook
- Discover how one can make the easiest use of the newest beneficial properties in speedy to construct on a big selection of applications
- Follow step by step directions to create fast apps orientated for the genuine world
Who This booklet Is For
If you're a powerfuble iOS developer who desires to improve attractive functions with fast, then this ebook is for you. Familiarity with fast programming is assumed.
What you are going to Learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Xcode and rapid for software development
- Create a photograph Sharing software to catch a picture, edit it utilizing assorted good points and percentage it through social media.
- Develop functions utilizing the WatchKit and trade information among iPhone and the Watch
- Use complex positive aspects reminiscent of SpriteKit to construct a game
- Install third-party quick frameworks to improvise in your program development
- Discover how you can simulate domestic automation with HomeKit
- Build an program to observe the user's weight, middle expense and the variety of steps for overall healthiness historical Analysis
- Manipulate media utilizing AVFoundation framework to merge audio and video.
In this ebook, you'll paintings via seven diversified initiatives to get you hands-on with constructing impressive purposes for iOS devices.
We initiate with a undertaking that teaches you the way to construct a application app utilizing speedy. relocating on, we hide the strategies at the back of constructing an leisure or social networking comparable software, for instance, a small program that lets you proportion photographs, audio, and video documents from one equipment to a different. you are going to even be guided via create a urban info app with personalized desk perspectives, a reminder app for the Apple Watch, and a video game app utilizing SpriteKit.
By the top of this booklet, you've the necessary skillset to improve a number of sorts of iOS functions with quick which may run on diverse iOS units. additionally, you will be good versed with advanced innovations that may be used to augment the functionality of your applications.
Style and approach
This booklet takes a step by step method of assist you construct apps from scratch and research the technique to boost real-time purposes utilizing Swift.
By Jeff Duntemann
The bestselling consultant to meeting language-now up to date and extended to incorporate insurance of Linux
This new version of the bestselling consultant to meeting programming now covers DOS and Linux! the second one version starts with a hugely obtainable evaluation of the interior operations of the Intel-based notebook and systematically covers the entire steps taken with writing, trying out, and debugging meeting programs.
professional writer Jeff Duntemann then offers case in point courses for either the DOS and Linux working structures utilizing the preferred loose assembler NASM. He additionally contains necessary details on how you can use strategies and macros, plus infrequent motives of assembly-level coding for Linux, all of which mix to supply a finished examine the complexities of meeting programming for Intel processors.
giving you the root to create executable meeting language courses, this book:
* Explains the way to use NASM-IDE, an easy software editor and assembly-oriented improvement environment
* info the main used parts of the 86-family guideline set
* Teaches approximately DEBUG, the only most beneficial instrument you've gotten as an meeting language programmer
* Examines the operations that desktop directions strength the CPU to perform
* Discusses the method of reminiscence addressing
* Covers coding for Linux
The CD-ROM includes:
* Net-Wide Assembler (NASM) for either DOS and Linux
* NASM-IDE, a command shell and code editor for DOS
* ALINK, a loose linker for DOS programming
* All software code examples from the e-book
By Matt Neuburg
Get a fantastic grounding in all of the basics of Cocoa contact, and steer clear of difficulties in the course of iPhone and iPad app improvement. With Programming iOS 4, you will dig into Cocoa and the best way to paintings successfully with Objective-C and Xcode. This ebook covers iOS four in a rigorous, orderly fashion—ideal no matter if you’re impending iOS for the 1st time or desire a connection with bolster current skills.
- Learn Objective-C language information and object-oriented programming concepts
- Understand the anatomy of an Xcode venture and all of the levels of its lifecycle
- Grasp key Cocoa thoughts similar to relationships among sessions, receiving occasions, and model-view-controller architecture
- Know how perspectives are controlled, drawn, composited, and animated
- Delve into Cocoa frameworks for sound, video, sensors, maps, and more
- Touch on complex issues akin to threading and networking
- Obtain a radical grounding for exploring complex iOS positive aspects in your own
By Zigurd Mednieks, G. Blake Meike
This functional booklet offers the recommendations and code you want to strengthen software program with Android, the open-source platform for cellphones and cellular units that is producing enthusiasm around the undefined. in keeping with the Linux working process and built by means of Google and the Open Handset Alliance, Android has the capability to unite a fragmented cellular marketplace. Android program Development introduces this programming surroundings, and provides you a whole case in point that demonstrates Android architectural gains and APIs. With this publication, you will:
- Get a whole creation to the Android programming surroundings, structure, and tools
- Build a modular software, starting with a center module that serves to release modules further in next chapters
- Learn the ideas and structure of a particular characteristic set, together with perspectives, maps, location-based providers, continual information garage, second and 3D snap shots, media companies, telephony prone, and messaging
- Use ready-to-run instance code that implements every one feature
- Delve into complex issues, comparable to safety, customized perspectives, functionality research, and internationalization
The publication is a normal supplement to the prevailing Android documentation supplied through Google. even if you need to increase a advertisement software for cellular units, or simply are looking to create a cellular mashup for private use, Android software Development demonstrates how one can layout, construct, and try out functions for the hot cellular market.
By Adam Gamble, Rida Al Barazi
Beginning Rails four is a booklet that might consultant you from by no means having programmed with Ruby, to having a Rails program outfitted and deployed to the net. you are going to methods to mix the entire parts of Rails to boost your individual net applications.
lightly courses you thru designing your software, writing assessments for the applying, after which writing the code to make your program paintings as expected.
By Simon Holmes
Getting suggest with Mongo, show, Angular, and Node teaches readers find out how to advance net purposes end-to-end utilizing the suggest stack. you will systematically notice each one expertise within the suggest stack as you increase an software one layer at a time, simply as you would do in a true project.Purchase of the print publication incorporates a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
Getting suggest with Mongo, exhibit, Angular, and Node teaches you ways to improve net functions utilizing the suggest stack. First, you are going to create the skeleton of a static web site in show and Node, after which push it as much as a stay internet server. subsequent, you are going to upload a MongoDB database and construct an API ahead of utilizing Angular to deal with facts manipulation and alertness common sense within the browser. eventually you will upload an authentication procedure to the applying, utilizing the full stack. if you happen to end, you will have the entire talents you must construct a dynamic data-driven net application.
- Responsive net techniques
- Everything you want to start with MEAN
- Best practices for potency and reusability
About the Reader
Readers must have a few internet improvement event. This publication is predicated on MongoDB 2, convey four, Angular 1, and Node.js 4.
About the Author
Simon Holmes has been a full-stack developer because the overdue Nineteen Nineties and runs complete Stack education Ltd.
Table of Contents
- Introducing full-stack development
- Designing an average stack architecture
- Creating and constructing a median project
- Building a static web site with Node and Express
- Building an information version with MongoDB and Mongoose
- Writing a relaxation API: Exposing the MongoDB database to the application
- Consuming a relaxation API: utilizing an API from within Express
- Adding Angular parts to an exhibit application
- Building a single-page software with Angular: Foundations
- Building an SPA with Angular: the subsequent level
- Authenticating clients, coping with periods, and securing APIs
PART 1 environment THE BASELINE
PART 2 development A NODE internet APPLICATION
PART three including A DYNAMIC entrance finish WITH ANGULAR
PART four handling AUTHENTICATION AND person SESSIONS
- Installing the stack
- Installing and getting ready the assisting cast
- Dealing with the entire views
By Harry He
This e-book is ready coding interview questions from software program and web businesses. It covers 5 key components which make sure functionality of applicants: (1) the fundamentals of programming languages, information buildings and algorithms, (2) ways to writing code with top of the range, (3) find out how to resolve tricky difficulties, (4) how you can optimize code, (5) smooth abilities required in interviews. the fundamentals of languages, algorithms and knowledge constructions are mentioned in addition to questions that discover how one can write powerful strategies after breaking down difficulties into possible items. it's also examples to target modeling and artistic challenge solving.
Interview questions from the most well-liked businesses within the IT are taken as examples to demonstrate the 5 elements above. in addition to suggestions, it includes targeted research, how interviewers evaluation suggestions, in addition to why they prefer or dislike them. the writer makes smart use of the truth that interviewees can have restricted time to software significant strategies which in flip, limits the choices an interviewer has. So the writer covers these bases.
Readers will enhance their interview functionality after interpreting this publication. it will likely be priceless for them even once they get bargains, simply because its issues, similar to techniques to reading tough difficulties, writing strong code and optimizing, are all crucial for high-performing coders.
By Joel Murach, Anne Boehm
This is the 2012 variation of Murach's best-selling C# publication on constructing home windows types functions. here is what builders have acknowledged approximately past editions:
"I need to inform you that your C# ebook is much and away the easiest source i've got obvious thus far. It fairly does do what the learner wishes. it's easy, common, offers logical examples, and the two-page structure is the best."
"With this booklet, i've got speedy moved from being intimidated by means of C# to creating it my language of selection, the truth that this strategy took me simply three days should still converse volumes approximately how potent this ebook is."
"I am truly flying throughout the C# booklet! and many the themes I had issues of long ago at the moment are making ideal feel.
From a faculty teacher: i've got taught C# from a Murach textual content. it's the first actual textual content the place scholars have come to me unsolicited to inform me how sturdy the booklet is.
What makes this e-book so potent? listed below are a number of issues it does that different C# books do not do:
#1: The OOP part offers with enterprise items, now not cats and dogs
Object-oriented programming is the root for C# 2012. yet whereas different books attempt to clarify it utilizing whimsical examples (like mammals or cars), this booklet explains it when it comes to precise enterprise items, like buyers, invoices, and items. So correct from the beginning, you will see how OOP is utilized within the genuine global.
#2: there is a 4-chapter part on database programming
Business purposes require database processing. So rather than glossing over this important functionality in a bankruptcy or , this e-book can provide four complete chapters that assist you to use RAD instruments like facts assets in addition to ADO.NET code to do really refined database processing. there is definitely extra to benefit. yet you should have a fantastic set of abilities that might allow you to simply prototype common database functions in business.
#3: whole purposes convey how every thing interact
The key to studying C# improvement is to have lots of real-world examples that express you the way the beneficial properties you are studying interact...and that assist you steer clear of the issues that you should run into as you construct complicated purposes. that is why this publication supplies entire purposes for daily enterprise capabilities (these should be downloaded at no cost from the Murach net site).
#4: The paired-pages structure permits you to set your individual pace
Murach books have a particular layout, the place every one two-page unfold provides a unmarried subject: the righthand web page presents coding examples, monitor pictures, syntax, and bulleted guidance, whereas the lefthand web page offers additional rationalization and perscpective. you could learn each page...skim or pass fabric you already know...quickly pinpoint the reference info you need...use the ebook but it works good for you. to work out how this works, you could examine a few pages utilizing Amazon's Look Inside characteristic above or obtain pattern chapters at no cost from the Murach internet site.